Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Celebrating The Old, Ringing in the New

While most of everyone I know will be out celebrating the end of 2009, to ring in the new year, I'll be sitting at home sipping on watered down eggnog, watching television re-runs, while waiting for James to come home from work so we can have our New Year's brandy. No, I didn't order the bling-bling shoes I profiled on my Facebook page only because I didn't want to suffer the agony of knowing I had those kick-ass shoes among my collection of shoes, with nowhere to wear them. I have plenty of clothes to stress over for that.

In my fashion and shoe blogs, I'll be talking about what you can expect women to be showing off at New Year's Eve parties, the hottest places that will be parying it up and the hottest styles around. I don't go out much any more, which means I don't have much of a social life to be too be wowed over, which pretty much confines me to the house.

I can't say 2009 was all that disappointing. I got a promotion on my job in April, my daughter graduated from 8th grade with flying colors. My sister got to come home, and myself, my mom, James all went to the ceremony together [in one car]. Which was nice, I'm only sorry we didn't have any activities planned afterwards.

I was hoping to have left town for my birthday, instead I settled for a so-called party I had to pay for, which didn't at all turn out like I had hoped. Leaving town would have saved me the anguish I went through before and after, especially since it's obvious I'm not going to get the party I've always wanted as an adult.

And don't get me started on vacation days and weekends...all spent just sitting at home, watching reruns on television, hearing how my friends are out living it up, and I'm surround by the walls of my house. Fact is I'm starting to feel old. And I'm just 42. The end of this year can't come soon enough. And I keep hoping for something better, more excitement, it's just never going to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment